Sunday, 6 July 2025

Ten Wheels on the sea road south

 Well - here we are again! It’s been a long time since we headed out on the bikes. Last time the kids were young, and spent their time chilling in the chariots while Sonja and I sweated from playground to campsite. Now - the boys are big enough to push their own pedals. Obviously we left in rain - this is Bergen after all. In high spirits we left from home, took ‘Bybane’ light rail into town so we didn’t start the trip soaked, got to the ferry terminal far too early and were told we should wait at the terminal under a roof rather than join the car queue right away. Sonja and I went to the nearby French Cafe - which was fantastic, while the boys disappeared into their phones. We got back to our bikes to find two more cycle tourists who also waited with us before we joined the queue. We were amongst the first onto the boat. There we got pointed at a parking area where we could strap the bikes down. 

Tomorrow we will find out if our cunning train plan will work and we get, with bikes, through Denmark to Flensburg. It was a bit convoluted getting the tickets so we hope it will work. 

I got a new book for my holiday reading : Ecology of Wisdom by Arne Naess. I am looking forward to this as from what I have read of his thinking it resonates with me, so I look forward to being enlightened by someone who appears to be a very relevant thinker. 

It’s also the first time I have used blogger in a while and I haven’t yet worked out how to put photos in it yet… I managed - not the easiest, but seems to have worked.

obviously its raining - luckily not too heavily. 

Three bikes on the boat. Let’s hope they are happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment